Putt Putt Regatta & Wooden Boat Festival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Affordable Boat Restorer?
G'day... Hi from a newbie EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 3:40 am by CDS

» Davistown 2008
G'day... Hi from a newbie EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 10:47 pm by Todd Vidgen

» G'day... Hi from a newbie
G'day... Hi from a newbie EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 7:17 am by Todd Vidgen

» Shows and regattas around Oz
G'day... Hi from a newbie EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 12:49 am by Todd Vidgen

» Sales of boats and bits
G'day... Hi from a newbie EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 12:35 am by Todd Vidgen

» what category for the regatta?
G'day... Hi from a newbie EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 12:30 am by Todd Vidgen

» Welcome to this site
G'day... Hi from a newbie EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 1:00 am by Todd Vidgen

» Come and say hi!
G'day... Hi from a newbie EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 5:40 pm by Craig - Webmaster

» Hello From Anna
G'day... Hi from a newbie EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 4:11 am by milly

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

G'day... Hi from a newbie

2 posters

Go down

G'day... Hi from a newbie Empty G'day... Hi from a newbie

Post  AndrewN Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:41 am

Hi Guys,

For WIW I thought I might jot a few details down....
I'm in Underwood, Brisbane. I've had an interest in wooden boats for many years now. Skill wise I'm probably best described as a Journeyman because through my work as a Contractor/Tradesman (30 yrs) I have worked in and been taught many, many varied trades in both Metal and Timber, in industries from Construction to Mining. Along the way I've built a number of boats although I'm no boatbuilder, as such. It's not that I get bored- I just really enjoy the challenge of learning new skills; to a high competency level. I currently work and have worked with plywood, timber and epoxies every day; and have even briefly worked for an epoxy manufacturer. I currently own and run a bathroom renovation business and I am currently taking steps to 'get off the tools'- which I hope will finaly give me time to build my boat. I have a set of plans which I had David Payne, the designer, modify for me some years back. Basically, I fell in love with his Canoe Stern Motor Launch which David kindly modified with a cuddy cabin and sail plan and to be built around 10% larger overall. I did a deal with a boatbuilder in Melb. when he sold me his personal favourite engine- a little 4hp Penguin which he had been saving to put in this same popular boat. (Thanks Rob) I also have a couple of Vinco's: a 2.5 hp and a much larger model. I have a Blaxland twin (doesn't everyone??) and so I'm looking forward to a little tinkering in the next few years. Hopefully I might be able to catch up with a few of you guys at the next regatta- which I'm going to try and attend- no boat this year though.
If anyone needs a little ballast- I'm your man.
Andrew.

AndrewN

Back to top Go down

G'day... Hi from a newbie Empty Re: G'day... Hi from a newbie

Post  Todd Vidgen Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:17 am

Nice to Hear from you.I'm sure we can always find room for ballast,stay in touch
Regards Todd

Todd Vidgen

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum